These pumpkin spice gluten & guilt free pancakes are the perfect breakfast for Fall. You need to try!
This past Sunday, I woke up to a very cold morning! Surprise – The beautiful season of Fall has officially arrived! Don’t get me wrong this is a beautiful time of year, however, I must say I am not a fan of the cold weather. I could feel the cold in my bones! Yuck! So…Let’s warm up the day with some delicious pancakes! Yummy!
Pumpkin spice pancakes seemed very fitting to start off this first chilly day of Fall. The best part about these pancakes is that they are gluten free, which means guilt free! So you can go back for seconds!
If you like pumpkin anything, then these are the perfect pancakes for you. Get creative and use any toppings of your choice!
- 1 cup pumpkin pure
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup almond milk (milk of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup ground oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of pink sea salt
- In a large bowl combine all wet ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Carefully add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until just combined. Do not over mix.
- heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, lightly coat with coconut oil (or cooking spray). Pour batter onto pan using 1/4 cup at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes or until edges start to bubble, flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- When all pancakes are finished cooking, serve warm with honey, pecans desired fruit and a dash of cinnamon.
♥ Tip – Another great topping is coconut whip cream!