Chips, chips and more chips is all I want for dinner!
Today has been one of those long days. No sleep, cranky baby, and never ending cravings! I had no desire to make dinner and all I could think of were chips. I LOVE chips, unfortunately, they are not a staple item in our house hold. Better if they are not in the house, this way I cannot eat them.
So…How about make my own! I took a look in my pantry and I saw the perfect ingredient! White sweet potato. Yes, this will make the perfect “chip”. Simply toss a few ingredients together, take 15 minutes of your time and wah-lah!
I have never used white sweet potato to make “chips” before, and let me tell you I was not disappointed! I will definitely be using this recipe for future chip cravings (In moderation of-course! Ha-ha). So next time you have those chip cravings, give this recipe a try!
- 1 Large white sweet potato
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tsp chili powder
- pinch of pink sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Peel white sweet potato and carefully cut into thin chips using chip slicer if you have one or a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl toss white sweet potato chips, melted coconut oil, chili powder and salt.
- Place white sweet potato chips in single layers on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown, flip chips and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes. Be sure to watch as they can burn quickly!
- Once all chips have been cooked serve warm and enjoy!
♥ Tip – Use some of your favorite spices to create your perfect chips! Dill and black pepper is also one of my favorites!