Chickpea cookie dough? Yes, I said chickpea! I know that I am not the only one that loves to eat the cookie dough batter off of the spatula!…This recipe is paleo, vegan, vegetarian, meatatarian, pregnant or non pregnant friendly!
When I was pregnant with my son, I would get cravings to eat cookie dough batter, so I would bake cookies just for that reason alone. Kind of gross I know Haha. Pregnant or not pregnant, who doesn’t love to have a little nibble of the cookie dough?!…
Well I have come up with the perfect recipe that will allow you to eat the cookie dough with out having to bake the cookies! This is a healthy, non-bake, vegan recipe for edible, cookie dough that will not leave you feeling guilty with a sore tummy after eating it!
So are you brave enough to give chickpea cookie dough a try?! The perfect cookie dough recipe for all of your cookie dough cravings! The best part about this recipe is that you can get creative and use your favorite cookie ingredients as toppings.
- 1 can of peeled, rinsed and drained chickpeas (do not get rid of water!)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of chickpea water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Place peeled, drained and rinsed chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla, honey, salt and cinnamon into food processor. Mix until combined.
- Add chickpea water to food processor and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer chickpea mixture to a medium sized bowl and stir in chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Chill in fridge or serve right away.
♥ Tip – Use your favorite toppings to create the perfect cookie dough for you! I will be sharing a few more of mine in the near future! Stay tuned.