Double chocolate banana bread bliss balls…Yum! These are the perfect nutritious delicious on the go snack to give you the burst of energy you need!
Banana bread, MMM…Nothing like the smell of my mothers homemade banana bread. One of my favorite treats growing up, I would get so excited when the house started to fill with the aroma of fresh baked banana bread!
Now that I am really trying to manage my pcos, I try to stay away from anything bread related, as hard as that is! So…What’s the next best thing? Energy bliss balls that taste like banana bread! Yum!
Last week I played around with a few recipes, after trial and error, this was definitely my favorite!
Hope you Enjoy!
- 2 Cups steel cut oats blended
- 1/4 Cup whole steel cut oats
- 1 Ripe banana
- 10 Dates
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts (seeds)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of pink sea salt
- 1/2 Cup dark chocolate chopped (or chips)
- Handful of chopped walnuts
- Place 2 cups of oats in food processor and blend until flour like consistency.
- Add all ingredients except 1/4 cup of whole steel cut oats, dark chocolate and walnuts, and blend until well combined and the mixture becomes a dough. Stir in 1/4 cup of whole steel cut oats, chocolate and walnuts until just combined.
- Using your hands shape dough into desired sized energy bliss balls. Place in fridge for about 15 minutes allowing the bliss balls to set.
- Take out of fridge as desired and enjoy!
♥ Tip – Wrap each bliss ball in saran wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
2 thoughts on “Double Chocolate Banana Bread Bliss Balls”
Definitely one of my new favorite treats! Thanks for bringing me some of these delicious treats to work! Loved them:)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am glad you enjoyed them!