What goes together better than fruit and cheese?…Pair the two with some toast and have it for breakfast or lunch!
Toast is always a quick, easy and healthy option for any meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack toast is always a good go-to. We all have our favorite go-to’s, one of mine is definitely toast, however, I try not to eat it too often.
Toast can get boring pretty quick. So why not add some excitement to your toast life! Ha-ha. Two of my favorite foods are cheese (C’mon who doesn’t love cheese?!) and fruit, so today I decided to pair them together with some of my favorite bread, greens and balsamic vinegar and made it a delicious nutritious meal.
Get creative with your toast and give this recipe a try!
- 1 slice of gluten free whole grain bread toasted (Or bread of choice)
- 4 slices of monterey jack cheese
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 sunny-side up egg
- pinch of paprika
- handful of blackberries
- handful of mixed greens
- 2 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp blackberry balsamic vinegar
- pinch of black pepper
- Toast 1 slice of whole wheat bread. Meanwhile, in a small frying pan over medium heat add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and cook 1 egg sunny-side up. Sprinkle egg with paprika (or spice of your choice).
- Slice 4 pieces of Monterey jack cheese and 2 cherry tomatoes. Once toast and egg are finished cooking, using a small serving plate, place 1 handful of mixed greens on plate. Place toast on-top of mixed greens, add sliced cheese to bread and place egg on-top of cheese.
- Sprinkle plate with 2 sliced cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds, 1 tbsp of blackberry balsamic vinegar and black pepper.