What to do with left over zucchini and those bananas starting to turn brown on your counter?…
Make muffins of-course! Naturally sweetened, moist zucchini muffins with a crumble topping…These are way to scrumptious not to try.
Okay – So I will admit, I am not the best baker and to be honest baking and I have never really been friends. It has only been as of lately that I have tried to create some of my own baking recipes and with LOTS of trial and error I feel that we are becoming better friends. Ha-ha.
These zucchini muffins are perfect for breakfast or a snack and only take about 20 minutes to make! With that being said – Let’s get baking!!
- 1½ cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- handful of dark chocolate chips
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 4 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp oats
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray of line with paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mashed banana and shredded zucchini. Beat in egg, honey, vanilla and melted coconut oil.
- Gently stir flour mixture into banana zucchini mixture (make sure to not over-mix). Spoon batter into muffin pan.
- In a small bowl mix all crumble topping ingredients together. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with crumble and bake in pre-heated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. (Stick toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean then muffins are ready!).
- Allow muffins to cool then pop them out and enjoy!