Scrumptious Chocolate almond butter bars! Yummy! Granola is definitely a popular breakfast and snack food in our household and many others.
These granola bars are packed with a wealth of health benefits, including a boost in energy, the ability to lower cholesterol and hello they have melted chocolate on top – what is better than melted chocolate? Nothing if you ask me! Ha-ha.
I have definitely struggled with coming up with the perfect granola bar that does not fall apart, and turn into granola crumble instead. So I am happy to share this recipe that I have finally mastered! These bars are seriously the most delicious homemade granola bars I have ever created and so easy! Literally a few ingredients and 5 minutes of your time.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 tbsp of almond/coconut blend milk
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp shaved coconut
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- 4 tbsp of honey
- pinch of pink sea salt
- Handful of dark chocolate chopped for granola mixture
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate for top of granola bars
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for the melted chocolate. Stir gently until well combined.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 10 second intervals until melted smooth.
- Spread coconut oil evenly over 9 by 9 pan. Add granola mixture to the pan and press until well packed and flat.
- Pour melted chocolate on-top of granola mixture and spread over the top evenly. Spoon almond butter on-top of melted chocolate and swirl with a knife to get the spiral appearance. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and drizzle with honey.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes take the granola out and cut it into desired sized bars.
♥ Tip – Store individually wrapped bars in freezer and take out as desired.