There is nothing like eating sweet corn in the summer! Perfect summer BBQ food! (or if the season is colder this will help remind you of the sunny summer days! Ha-ha).
However, in places Colombia and Mexico vendors are serving up corn like it’s going out of style. On a recent family trip to Mexico I came across some of the best corn I have ever ate! BBQ’d to perfection and slathered with mayo, cheese, spices and squeezed with a hint of lime juice!
Okay – can we say YUM! Although all those yummy ingredients do not quite fit into my healthy lifestyle, I decided why not create my own!
With this corn you can definitely get creative and use some inspiration of your own. All street corn is different, so go ahead make it your own!
- 2 to 4 cobs of corn barbecued (feel free to steam, boil or if BBQ is not in season- BBQ just gives the corn the best flavour!)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted (If you’re having a cheat day and want to go all out then go ahead use some butter, it’s not going to kill ya’)
- 1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup queso fresco (Sub Parmesan or feta cheese, whatever you like best)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2 limes cut into wedges for serving
- Grill corn for 5 to 10 minutes, turning corn every 2 minutes.
- While corn is cooking, in a small bowl combine Greek yogurt, cheese, chili powder, garlic powder, chili fakes, paprika, cilantro and scallion, and stir until well combined.
- When corn is done cooking, CAREFULLY cut the corn off of the cob into a medium sized bowl.
- Pour yogurt dressing into bowl of corn and stir until well combined. Transfer corn mixture into serving bowls (or fun carnival containers), serve warm and top with extra cheese, hot sauce, cilantro and a lime wedge.
♥ Tip – Cut corn into a bowl so it does not go flying in every direction! I use Valentino’s hot sauce! I definitely recommend.