Lactation cookies? Yes, they are a real thing. Do they really work? I honestly could not tell you, however, I do believe that some of the main ingredients (oats, brewers yeast & flax seed) truly help boost your milk production.
These are the perfect grab and go breakfast or snack. Us mamas are very busy as we all know, so when those hangry pains arrive these cookies will be there to satisfy those hangry cravings..Its an excuse to eat cookies right?
Everyone loves cookies! You do not have to be a breastfeeding mama to enjoy these cookies, these are kid and dad friendly too!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp brewers yeast
- 4 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips or shavings
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 3 Tbsp of coconut flakes
- 1 handful of chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, flour, yeast, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl or electric mixer if you have one, beat butter, coconut oil and sugar until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl, add egg, egg yolk, vanilla and beat until well combined an fluffy.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Gently stir in Chocolate chips, blueberries, coconut flakes and chopped pecans.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough and form into a ball and place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly golden.
♥ Tip – Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter or pack them in zip-lock bag to store in the freezer