Guacamole is such a hit in our home, my hubby and I LOVE avocados! Such a quick and healthy snack.
Avocados are such a great source of nutrition, especially for us nursing mamas! (If you’re not a nursing mama, don’t worry this recipe is just as nutritious for you!). One of my biggest complaints I’ve had as a nursing mother is my increase of hunger due to caloric demands that come along with nursing mamas.
This guac is full of heart healthy fats, to help maintain a feeling of fullness and satisfaction.
- 3 Avocados
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 scallion chopped finely
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 lime for juice and zest
- 1/2 small jalapeno chopped finely
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped finely
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Peel avocados and mash in a bowl.
- Add minced garlic, chopped scallions, diced tomatoes, chopped jalapeno and chopped cilantro to mashed avocados and mix well.
- Juice and zest half of the lime into the guac and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with tortilla chips, veggies or however you desire!
♥ Tip – Sometimes I like to add my favorite salsa for a little extra flavor and serve with beet chips!