Spaghetti squash can definitely be a bit intimidating and hard to peel, believe it or not spaghetti squash is quite simple to cook…
Who doesn’t love noodles?! Okay…well maybe they aren’t the real noodles you’re craving, but let me tell you you- they are definitely the next best thing! I know this spaghetti squash satisfies most of my pasta cravings! I dare you to give it a try!
I love making my own sauce for EVERYTHING! Pizza sauce, pasta sauce, you name it! There is nothing that beats a homemade sauce- it just makes everything taste so much better and the aroma leaves your mouth watering- well mine at least. Haha.
- 1 spaghetti squash halved lengthwise and peeled
- 2 Tbsp of coconut oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Tomato Sauce (The easiest and tastiest tomato sauce of my choice).
- 10-15 Cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbs fresh dill
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Pierce squash a few times with sharp paring knife (to let steam escape).
- Place spaghetti squash in microwave and cook for 3 minutes. (Trust me this will make your life so much easier when trying to cut this hard yellow vegetable!). Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and scrape away seeds using fork.
- Lightly coat insides of spaghetti squash with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a baking sheet place squash cut side down and bake in pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until insides are tender.
- While your squash is baking it is time to make the sauce. In a medium saucepan over medium heat add olive oil, onions and garlic and let saute for 3 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes, basil, dill and honey and stir until all ingredients are well combined. Let the sauce sautee over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring and mashing tomatoes every 3 to 5 minutes. Once sauce has been cooked place in food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- Once squash has been cooked, remove inside squash using a fork. Place noodles in medium bowls and serve with the delicious sauce you made! Garnish with peas and scallions, or whatever you desire!
- Serve warm and enjoy!
♥ Tip – Cut spaghetti squash horizontal for longer “noodles”.