I’ve never been a huge fan of curry, however, I like to experiment with it and see if I can come up with recipes that will change my thoughts on curry…Well last week I finally had a change of heart!
Coconut, cauliflower and chickpeas some of my favorite foods! Okay – so lets add some curry to these ingredients and see what happens…My recipe for coconut curry cauliflower is exactly what happened!
This is the perfect midweek meal for those hearty dish cravings. The best part about this dish is that you will not feel guilty after eating it. I know some curry dishes are very heavy and can leave us feeling as if there is a huge brick sitting in our gut! Well, not this one. Woohoo!
No need to feel guilty about all the saucy deliciousness in this dish, the cauliflower keeps the calories in check! So give this recipe a try and enjoy without all the guilt!
I enjoyed this curry cauliflower dish just as it is, however, feel free to add chicken, beef or tofu and serve with rice. My husband would laugh at me if i served him a dish without meat, he is a meatatarian, where as i am happy without it, ha-ha.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 small jalapeno minced
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground curry powder
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into flourettes
- A generous handful of fresh spinach chopped
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno cook for about 3 minutes until onions are softened. Add cherry tomatoes cook for 2 minutes and mash with a fork.
- Add grated ginger, curry powder and curry paste, stir until well combined. Pour in can of coconut milk and whisk well.
- Add chickpeas, cauliflower and chopped spinach to mixture and stir until combined. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
♥ Tip – Serve with rice and meat if you desire.