I Love salads for lunch and dinner, but lets admit green lettuce gets very boring after a while and will sometimes make me despise the thought of salad. Salads are a fun way to throw some of your favorite ingredients together and get creative.
My inspiration for this salad came from my craving for Asian flavors and the fact that I needed to use my brussel sprouts and beets before they went bad and started to stink up my fridge – ugh, nothing is worse than finding a spoiled surprise in the fridge somewhere! But lets not think about a smelly fridge, lets get back to this tasty flavoured bright colored salad! Yummy!
If you enjoy Asian flavours then this salad is for you! I know there are lots of us out there that hate the smell and taste of brussel sprouts, however, this salad may give you a change of heart…Go ahead I dare you to try.
- half bag of chow main cooked and drained
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 beets cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 pound of cleaned, steamed and halved brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- handful of sliced almonds
- handful of unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- In a wok over medium heat add coconut oil, red onion, garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add cooked brussel sprouts and let cook for 3 minutes or until they start to brown, once lightly browned push the brussel sprouts to one side of the wok. Add beets and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cooked chow main noodles and gently stir all ingredients together.
- In a small bowl add all Asian dressing ingredients together and pour into wok. Stir until noodles, beets and brussel sprouts are evenly coated with dressing. Add sesame seeds, almonds and peanuts. Toss salad lightly and serve hot in serving bowls.
♥ Tip – I love to top this salad with an asain salad toppings blend that i buy from superstore! I also added tofu to this salad so feel free to add meat or tofu!