Who wants pumpkin pie for breakfast?…I know I do!
This is a perfect breakfast for all of you pumpkin pie lovers! These steel cut oats will satisfy your pumpkin pie cravings without feeling guilty after eating them!
Pumpkin pie steel cut oats naturally sweetened with honey almonds and pecans! You can prep, cook and enjoy this tasty breakfast in just 15 minutes.
Pumpkin Pie Pecans or almonds
- 1/2 cup of pecans or almonds
- 3 tsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of honey or agave
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of pink sea salt
Pumpkin Pie Oats
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 cup of pumpkin pure
- 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Bring water to a rapid boil in a pot over high heat. Pour in steel cut oats, stir, reduce heat to medium-low and allow oats to simmer and cover pot with lid.
- Pour coconut oil into a saucepan over medium heat. Add pecans, honey or agave and saute for 3 minutes until fragrant. Swirl pecans, add cinnamon and salt.
- Once oats are finished cooking remove from heat, add pumpkin pure and stir until well combined and creamy.
- Add pecan mixture to pot of oats and fold in until combined.
- Transfer oats into serving bowls.
♥ Tip – My favorite topping is coconut whip cream, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate chunks and drizzle with honey! Yum!